Twin Lakes Restoration Association
November 19, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Twin Lakes Utilities Office Building, 7168 Twin Lakes Rd
President Doug Spencer called the meeting to order at 6:45 PM. Members present were: Doug Spencer, Pat Moore, Rich Engeldinger, Bill Stephenson, Gary Dudley and Scott Larsen (arrived after minutes) . Rita Miller present as administrative coordinator.
Minutes: Minutes from May 14 and June 7 board meetings and from June 7 annual meeting (just for editing) were distributed by email. Larsen joined meeting. Moved by Moore seconded by Larsen to approve May 14 minutes. Motion carried. Moved by Moore seconded by Dudley to approve June 7 board minutes. Motion carried. Board meeting scheduled for July 16 was cancelled due to lack of quorum.
Treasurer’s report: Treasurer Rodenborn’s report was distributed in her absence. In light of two CD’s , maturing early in 2016, there was discussion of the most prudent method of investments. Larsen moved to explore the merits of expanding the board’s Investment Policy of low risk investment to include CD’s or highly rated municipal bonds. Stephenson seconded. Motion carried. Spencer will communicate this discussion with Rodenborn and determine a follow-up plan.
Membership: current 2015 membership as of November 19, 2015 : 285 property owners, 6 lake businesses, 2 off-lake businesses. Miller just sending out past due notices.
Administrative coordinator: Miller will contact Gidel to see if she will fill in this winter while she is out of state. Miller submitted her resignation effective June 30, 2016.
- Lighting along West State Park roadway – Larsen visited with local resident and reported issue is resolved at this time.
Items to be considered from annual meeting and survey results
- Method of delivering financial reports to members – Rodenborn
- Kayak signage – Nate Haupert contacted DNR Wildlife unit
- Loud noise ordinance – Miller
- DNR Environmental Services determine source of eColi – Miller
- Emergency sirens – Larsen
- Issue final results 2015 survey – Miller & Spencer
Set up 2016 calendar
- Sunday, June 5 at 2 PM Annual meeting
- June 18 Garage sale day
- June 25 Clean up day with one-time hazardous waste disposal and annual scrapper Eldon Findley 515.570.6149
- July 4 Fireworks
- July 4 boat parade/lakeside decorating TBD
Upcoming board meeting dates for 2016, all starting at 6:30 PM:
- April 7
- May 19
- June 5 after annual meeting
- September 15
- November 1
Meeting adjourned at 8:20. Next scheduled meeting is April 7, 2016 @ 6:30 PM at the Twin Lakes Utilities building